Sunday, October 20, 2013

Sunday Afternoon. Balloon Festival.









A week ago I shared a post about my desire to go to the International Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, NM.  Little did I realize that my own town had started a hot air balloon festival of their own on a smaller scale.  We decided to spend the evening with cameras poised to capture the glow that was scheduled to take place at dusk.  What a fun event!  The weather was perfect, cool and crisp and the balloons were gorgeous! I still have the Albuquerque event on my bucket list but I was very pleasantly surprised to find something similar in my own back yard.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing 'photos and it really did looks like the perfect evening. There is a yearly balloon festival in Bristol, UK, it's only about an hour away so we often see the balloons coming over the house, but I would love to go to the event one day. Thanks so much for your visit to my blog, I must try to remember to pop over and see you more often. Barbara.
    marchhousebookscom.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. Always enjoy seeing your comments. :)

      Delete
  2. Your photos are beautiful from this event. Hope that you make it to Albuquerque for the festival some day. If you are interested in attending the festival this year, please get in touch with me :) kelly at itsatrip.org.

    ReplyDelete