Tuesday, October 8, 2013

7 Cute Cookie Recipes For Fall


Cool breezes and falling leaves always rekindles my interest in baking.  Now, I didn't say that was a good thing but it sure brings smiles to my family's faces when I pull out a pan of cookies, hot from the oven.  I can't remember anyone ever saying, "cookies again?!", with a heavy sigh.  Fall also makes me nostalgic for long ago parties where children still bobbed for apples and waited with anticipation for their turn at 'pin the tale on the donkey'.  All these cute cookies photos this week took me back to simpler times when life turned a little slower.


Okay, I'll admit I like the title of this first cookie recipe, calling for only 3 ingredients.  I Heart Nap Time shows you how to make Chocolate Pumpkin Kiss Cookies on her blog. 


Who loves candy corn?  You are either in the group that LOVES it or the group that will eat but can live without it.  Well I'm in the second camp.  I've nibbled at candy corn over the years but wouldn't mind if  I skipped a year or two.  The rest of my family is in the 1st camp and get all excited when I bring them home a bag.  What I do love is swirl cookies!  Over on The Simple, Sweet Life blog she shares a quick and easy tutorial on how to make these gorgeous cookies.


For those of you that like a little more of a challenge take a peak at Growing In Grace's blog tutorial on how to make Hoot Owl Peanut Butter Cookies.  I'm a sucker for anything with peanut butter and chocolate but I might have to enlist some help in the kitchen to take on these adorable creatures.


I admire this cookie simply for the sake of perfection.  I love when a cookie is turned into a piece of art; you are not sure whether to eat it or to frame it.  You decide.  The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle has a Mini Pumpkin Pie Slice Cookie tutorial to die for!


This next cookie is all dressed up for Halloween; disguised as a cupcake!  How cute is that?!  Madigan Made shows you how she turns sugar cookie mix, chocolate and candy into Pumpkin Patch Cookie Cupcakes.


What's not to love about this cute little Fall inspired cookie?  Kitchen Meets Girl shares this White Chocolate Pumpkin Cookie that makes me want to grab it right off the computer screen.


I saved the best for last!  This cookie is my favorite and looks more like a fun art project.  The Seven Year Cottage shares her tutorial on how to make these Wise Old Owl cookies.  

Which one is your favorite?  I'd love to hear from you!  Happy baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment