Saturday, August 24, 2013

Saturday Wrap Up

Fist full week of school is under our belt.  We jumped back into the routine pretty smoothly for all the dragging of feet that was going on in our house.  I'm feeling a little sentimental as this is the last year I will be a mother of school aged children.  My girls will be off to college this time next year and I will be working through 'empty nest syndrome'.  I'm trying to mentally prepare so it doesn't hit me all at once.

I have been working hard this week on my photography.  Trying to take pictures everyday and work on my techniques.  I had my first non-family photo shoot last weekend and took senior pictures for this lovely girl.  We had so much fun and it just reinforced my desire to look for more opportunities.



My husband started making a pallet swing for me yesterday.  I can't wait to have it hanging on my porch.  I will post his tutorial next week when he gets it finished.  Can't wait!
  
 

I will be on the lookout for a headboard / footboard after seeing this post by Beyond The Picket Fence.


I loved this Mini Book Tutorial from Ruth Beakley



1 comment:

  1. Oh I love that chalkboard idea. I wish my husband liked to do that kind of work, but if it's going to get done it's going to have to be me. Your porch swing looks like it's going to be awesome. Are you going to paint it?

    ReplyDelete