Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Etsy Twitter Member of the Week Sumiko Shop


The following blog repost was written by one of our talented ETT members who has given me permission to share the following with you. Please stop by Evelyn's Etsy shop and look at all her lovely items.

Evelyn Palazzin, of http://sumikoshop.etsy.com/, creates gorgeous jewelry and accessories for women. Her shop is filled with lovely items and the photographs are beautiful, enticing all who stop by to take a look and make a purchase. Evelyn lives in a tourist town by the sea in Italy. Her creations have an old-world charm about them.

“I have always had a passion to create, to recycle items, and to invent and process things from scratch. I don’t consciously think of myself as an artist BUT as a person who always loves to create and learn new techniques. After I became a mother, I used my free time to create jewellery and accessories for myself and my friends. That was also about the time that I discovered Etsy and the world of eShops.

"I have always had a passion for sewing clothes for myself, but I also loved unique and original accessories, and I found such joy in creating them, or seeing people wear such items. I spend countless hours searching for new materials and findings for my jewellery. It’s inevitable to get an idea or inspiration after such intense consideration of materials. Sometimes just studying them creates images of the completed item in my mind.”


If you never become famous with your art, would you still think it was a route worth taking? “Certainly. The joy of art is in its creation, its appreciation, and its ability to enrich the mind. We must not think of art as a means for fame and wealth, but as a way of expression, to keep the mind active, and as the wholesome way to live fully, daily. If success and fame comes, then it comes as a surprise.”


Follow her on Twitter: @SumikoShop
Read her blog: http://SumikoCreations.blogspot.com


Special Offer for the Week: Free shipping worldwide. Mention “Etsy Twitter” in Message to Seller and shipping will be refunded.

3 comments: